[Promotion] $99.9 for the first 20 buyers! Only 7 seats remain!
This is a premium tone-wood clad with metal alloy over-ear open back DIY kit built by Earphone DIY Labs inspired by Grado PS1000e, a $1,700 premium price product, and the finest wooden + aluminum alloy cups we have ever made. The EDL PS1000e is an open-backed design to give audio professionals the security of consistent response throughout the frequency range. Also the cups look shinning and awesome!
Note the kit works with most original Grado headphone headbands perfectly, from low-end SR60 to SR225 series. Of cause it works best with genuine leather headbands in GS and PS series.
- Luxurious aerospace aluminum cups cut by high-precision CNC lathe, coated with 3M anti-scratch layer with baby-skin feel
- Elegant, Grado PS1000e tone-wood clad
- Cup holders (brackets) are made of high quality stainless steel, with 2 color options: black colored or not
- High quality Grado G/S/L cushions
- 3D printed front cover compatible with all 40/50mm headphone drivers
See below for assembled headphones with our headband. Note this is a DIY shell kit including wood cups, front cover and bracket as shown in above pics, drivers and headband are NOT included.
Know about Grado Labs PS1000e
Grado Labs PS1000e got 5/5 all star rating on What’s Hi-Fi (Review):
The PS1000es are an open-backed design of course, because that’s what Grado has always favoured. Even the company’s brand new wireless offerings, the GW100s, follow the same principle. That’s a surprising engineering choice for such a product when you consider the amount of environmental sound that gets in, let alone the almost unhindered way the music being played leaks out.
There’s an upside though, and it’s a big one. An open-backed design does away with the enclosure behind the drive unit and, with it, all the resonances and reflections that are part and parcel of such a configuration. The result, all things considered, should be a better, more articulate sound – on paper at least.
The earpieces on the PS1000es use an inner core made of handcrafted, specially cured mahogany, while the outer housing is made of chrome-plated aluminium. The combination of the two materials results in a well-damped, low resonance platform for the new 50mm drive unit to work from.
Grado’s engineers have worked hard on this driver, refining the voice coil and diaphragm to improve responsiveness and accuracy…
The DIY kit is pre-assembled as displayed in the product pics, including:
- 2 X PS1000e premium tone-wood clad with metal alloy cups
- 2 X cup holders (brackets) made from stainless steel, black colored or not, with installation accessories
- 2 X front covers (driver housing), 3D printed with highly durable engineering plastic
- 2 X G-Cushions and 2 X S-Cushions
- (optional) 6N OFC, silver plated, 8 cores hi-end cable with carbon fiber enhanced 3.5mm jack and Y splitter
Headphone shell and cables
The cups, pre-installed with the bracket and front cover (driver housing).
The cup holders made of stainless steel, painted in black or not printed.
The front cover also serves as the driver housing, so please do specify the size of the front cover per your driver’s outer diameter.
Hi-end 6N OFC, 8core cable with carbon-fiber enhanced jacks and spliters
Grado G Cushion and S Cushions