This is a pair of original Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 Drivers. When being correctly used, this driver can well beat most $150 IEMs on offering a very nature and original sound.
We recommend using this driver with the genuine wood or Mini-Piano earphone shells to fully explore its potential.
Know about Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2
C5 Series 2 in-ear headphones deliver stunning audio clarity and feature an ingenious adjustable ergonomic design, for a secure fit and a tight acoustic seal.
Features and Specs
See the official spec from Bowers & Wilkins website:
- The impedance – 32 ohm
- CCAW coil
- Drive units 2x ø9.2mm (0.4in) full range
- Impedance 32 ohms
- Frequency range 10Hz to 20kHz
- Distortion (THD) <0.2% (1KHz/1mW)
- Max. input power 3mW
- Sensitivity 115dB/V at 1kHz
Measurement is based on an IEC711 coupler, a customized USB sound card and Win10 PC running ARTA Software.
Frequency Response measurement
Notice the bass, mid and treble are perfectly balanced. There is a slightly boost at 3Khz an producing a bright and clear vocal.
The Impulse Response measurement
CSD (Cumulative Spectral Decay), i.e., the waterfall diagram.
Notice the decay rate at 500hz-20Khz is very consistent, meaning less interference among bass, mid and treble.
Notice the consistency among all the bands
Proceed with caution: dynamic drivers are with extremely fragile (1~5μm) diaphragm and can be easily damaged in following situations.
- Soldering: overheated (>250 degree C) soldering iron or overtime soldering (>2s) may permanently damage the driver. Please heat the driver as little as possible during soldering.
- Installation: the driver has Sintered NdFeB Magnetic inside with extremely strong attraction power. The fragile diaphragm may be damaged by having anything metallic hit it.
- Gluing: attaching glue either to the diaphragm or the backside holes may greatly alter the sound
- Chemical: Applying any chemical solvent will void your warrant and we will not be able to help you
- Others: applying high-voltage, storing in high temperature/humid environment… all may cause unrecoverable damage.
There are no reviews yet.