This is a Mahogany wood cup DIY kit built by Earphone DIY Labs inspired by Grado GS2000e, a $1,400 premium price product, and the finest wooden-cased headphones we have ever made. The EDL GS2000e is an open-backed design so it is better be used in studio or private listening room – it not only leak out lots of sound but let in everything too. The open design also means that your ears don’t heat up over time.
Note this is a DIY shell kit including wood cups, front cover and bracket as shown in above pics, drivers and headband are NOT included.
- Elegant, Grado GS2000e compatible cups cut by high-precision CNC lathe from large chunk of Mahogany with laser printed characters.
- 2 wood cup color options: original wood (painted with transparent wood stain) color or black
- Cup holders (brackets) are made of high quality stainless steel in sliver or black.
- High quality Grado G/S/L cushions
- Compatible with all 40/50mm headphone drivers
Question about shipping? View shipping service. Want more custom options? Ping us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know about Grado Labs GS2000e
Grado Labs GS2000e got 5/5 all star rating on AV Forums:
The Grado GS2000e is a full size, open back home headphone and the larger of the two members of the Statement Series which itself is only below the Professional Series in the product hierarchy. The principles that it works to are extremely similar to other Grado models, but by the time you reach this price point, they can be honed and refined to the exact direction that the company wants to, with far fewer of the compromises that creep in at lower price points.
The DIY kit is pre-assembled as displayed in the product pics, including:
- 2 X EDL GS2000e Mahogany wood cups, preinstalled with 2 X cup holders (brackets) in silver or black
- 2 X front covers (driver housing), 3D printed with highly durable engineering plastic
- 2 X G-Cushions, 2 X L-Cushions and 2 X S-Cushions
- (optional) 6N OFC, silver plated, 8 cores hi-end cable with carbon fiber enhanced 3.5mm jack and Y splitter
Headphone shell and cables
The wood cups, pre-installed with the bracket in silver or black.
The cup is fully compatible with Grado GS2000e/3000e 50mm drivers
The front cover is 3D printed and support 40/44/45/50mm drivers, in case you want to use this kit with other drivers.
The cup holders made of stainless steel, painted in black or not printed.
Hi-end 6N OFC, 8core cable with carbon-fiber enhanced jacks and spliter.
Grado G Cushion and S Cushions
See who this cup kit works with the headband (order link) and L-Cushions.
There are no reviews yet.