This is a pair of Mahogany wood cups built by Earphone DIY Labs inspired by Grado GS3000e, a $1,400 premium price product. MMCX connectors are pre-installed per requested by DIY communities to make Grado headphones support detachable cables. DIYers can easily replace broken cables or try different cables to optimize the sound character.
Note this is a DIY shell kit including wood cups, front cover and bracket as shown in above pics, drivers and headband are NOT included.
- Elegant, Grado GS3000e compatible cups cut by high-precision CNC lathe from large chunk of maple with laser printed characters.
- Grado compatible cup holders (brackets) are made of high quality stainless steel, with 2 color options: black or silver
- High quality Grado G/S/L cushions
- Compatible with all 40/44/50mm headphone drivers
Know about Grado Labs GS3000e
Grado Labs GS2000e got 5/5 all star rating on AV Forums:
The Grado GS2000e is a full size, open back home headphone and the larger of the two members of the Statement Series which itself is only below the Professional Series in the product hierarchy. The principles that it works to are extremely similar to other Grado models, but by the time you reach this price point, they can be honed and refined to the exact direction that the company wants to, with far fewer of the compromises that creep in at lower price points.
What’s in the package
The DIY kit is pre-assembled as displayed in the product pics, including:
- 2 X EDL GS3000e Mahogany wood cups with MMCX connectors pre-installed
- 2 X GS3000e cup holders (brackets) in black or silver pre-installed with the cups
- 2 X front covers (driver housing) supporting 40/44/50mm drivers, 3D printed with highly durable engineering plastic
- (optional) Earpad kit including 2 X G-Cushions, 2 X S-Cushions and 2 X L-Cushions
- (optional) MMCX cable with 6N OFC, silver plated, 8 cores hi-end cable, carbon fiber enhanced 3.5mm jack and Y splitter
Headphone shell and cables
The wood cups, pre-installed with the brackets and MMCX connectors.
The wood cups and front cover (3D printed, support 40~50mm drivers)
The cup holders made of stainless steel, painted in black or not printed.
Hi-end 6N OFC, 8core cable with carbon-fiber enhanced jacks and spliters
Please refer to EDL GS3000e DIY Kit for tutorials how to build with this kit.