This is a pair of original AKG K5XX (K550, K518, .etc.) dynamic drivers with 50mm diaphragm, an audiophile class product. See the review on head-fi. (see more headphone reviews at Beginner Guitar HQ)
Our study clearly shows that most commercial headphones won’t spend the major budget on improving sound quality, especial those priced $100~250 Bluetooth headphones with fancy functions like ANC. So if you are an real audiophile and won’t mind to get your hands dirty, you should think about upgrading the driver unit by yourself! See tutorials on how to upgrade headphone drivers, and be brave!
Features and specifications
- 50mm Hi-Fi dynamic driver with neodymium drivers.
- Structure optimized for low-frequency band (20~50Hz) performance, you can feel sound waves hitting your earflap!
- Most recommended for open-back headphone shells for the best bass performance
- Similar units used in AKG professional headphones.
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 32 Ohms, suitable for smart phones, iPhones and iPads, strongly recommend working with earphone amplifiers.
- Sensitivity: 101 dB SPL/V
- Flat frequency response – 20-20000Hz
- Harmonic distortion < 0.7%
- Power: 50MW ~ 150MW
Magnetic steel: NdFeB
1 Pair (2 pieces) 40mm Hi-End Headphone Dynamic Drivers
1 pairs (2 pieces) 40mm to 50mm adapter for installation in 50mm headphone shells (no needed if your headphone shell is designed for 40mm driver)
Most recommend to be used with our wooden headphone shell.
Note: the dynamic drivers have been paired to ensure sound and quality fully balanced between right and left channels. Therefore we don’t offer single unit.
See the demo below how the driver being installed in the 50mm headphone shell.
Proceed with caution: dynamic driver is with extremely fragile (1~5μm) diaphragm and can be easily damaged in following situations.
- Soldering: overheated (>250 degree C) soldering iron or overtime soldering (>2s) may permanently damage the driver. Please managed down both in your DIY.
- Installation: the driver has Sintered NdFeB Magnetic inside with extremely strong attraction power. Damage may caused by attracting anything hitting the fragile diaphragm.
- Others: applying high-voltage, storing in high temperature/humidity environment… all may cause unrecoverable damage.