This is a pair of headphone drivers with Beyer-dynamic DT800/DT880 Diaphragm and Tesla Driving Technology. We recommend using it to replace the drivers in any <$200 headphones on the market. We seriously mean it and you will know it really worth!
Know about DT880 and the diaphragm
and when you open it up, the driver (speaker) inside is as illustrated below. Note the nebulous pattern of the diaphragm, which is a unique character of Beyer-dynamic DT800/880.
Know about Tesla Driving Technology
Features and specifications
- With similar frosted pattern diaphragm and sound quality as Beyerdynamic DT800/880 diaphragm.
- Tesla driving technology where the inner Magnetic field strength go beyond 1 Tesla!
- 40mm Hi-End dynamic driver, neodymium drivers and copper-clad aluminum wire (CCAW) voice coils for accurate reproduction.
- Multi-layer, multi-material diaphragm, manufactured by hot-press-forming, strongly wrinkle-proof and anti-drop.
- Ultra high resolution, well balanced sound! most recommend using with half-open headphone shell.
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 32 Ohms, suitable for smart phones, iPhones and iPads, strongly recommend working with earphone amplifiers.
- Sensitivity: 120 dB SPL/V
- Flat frequency response – 20-22000Hz
- Harmonic distortion < 0.3% at 1KHz
- Power: 20mW ~ 100mW
Magnetic steel: NdFeB
1 Pair (2 pieces) 40mm Hi-End Headphone Dynamic Drivers
1 pairs (2 pieces) 40mm to 50mm adapter for installation in 50mm headphone shells (no needed if your headphone shell is designed for 40mm driver)
Most recommend to be used with our wooden headphone shell.
Note: the dynamic drivers have been paired to ensure sound and quality fully balanced between right and left channels. Therefore we don’t offer single unit.
The front view.
The back with soldering panel…
Proceed with caution: dynamic driver is with extremely fragile (1~5μm) diaphragm and can be easily damaged in following situations.
- Soldering: overheated (>250 degree C) soldering iron or overtime soldering (>2s) may permanently damage the driver. Please managed down both in your DIY.
- Installation: the driver has Sintered NdFeB Magnetic inside with extremely strong attraction power. Damage may caused by attracting anything hitting the fragile diaphragm.
- Others: applying high-voltage, storing in high temperature/humidity environment… all may cause unrecoverable damage.